Ahh…summertime. Blue skies, sun-kissed skin, tropical colors and strawberry shortcake. Summertime is full of sweetness, including the opportunity to plan and host a beautiful bridal shower. With so many summer brides, now’s the optimal time to start thinking about how you’ll shower the bride-to-be, or if you are the bride, what hints you’ll throw your bridal party’s way. Here we have some sweet summer inspiration to get your creative juices flowing. It’s all about bold colors, citrus prints, and seasonal goodness.
Photo via Weddingomania
I love the idea of creating a bridal shower invitation box. Within it you can include the actual invitation (to match the box), plus extra goodies, like candies or a gift that goes with the theme. Heart-shaped watermelon, or any fruit, is a cute way to display menu items. Blue, turquoise, orange, yellow. These colors shout “summer”! And they all go together so perfectly. Not sure which color combos work? Consult the magical color wheel to help you find the perfect palette. Every bridal shower needs a signature summer drink. For the best taste, use seasonal produce like this one which includes strawberries, hibiscus, coconut sugar, and honey. Adorn the space with an adorable cocktail umbrella wreath.
Recipe via A House in the Hills
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of dried hibiscus
- 7 tablespoons honey (more to taste)
- white rum
- coconut sugar
- petals to garnish (optional)
- Bring 3 cups of water and hibiscus to a low boil, reduce heat to simmer until a deep pink color.
- Remove from heat, add honey, taste and adjust sweetness to your preference. Strain and cool hibiscus water.
- Spread coconut sugar on a small plate. Dip rim of serving glasses in hibiscus water, and dip rims in coconut sugar.
- To serve, muddle 2 strawberries, fill glass with ice and add 1 oz of rum for a short cocktail and 2 oz for a tall. Add hibiscus water and taste. Adjust alcohol to your preference.
- Garnish with steeped hibiscus/ pink petals.